Monday, January 20, 2014

http://www.pbs.org/art21/artists/jessica-stockholder

Jessica Stockholder is an artist from Seattle, who works a lot with installation art. I really enjoyed her pieces and I loved seeing a little bit of the process of paper making. Like Jessica, I also like to work on my art alone. I thought it was really interesting how she makes these grand, beautiful installations using very cheap, very boring materials--materials not many people would consider using as parts of a sculpture. Not only is she recycling and putting waste to good use, but she's using it to make meaningful art that has a profound effect on others. Like she mentioned, her work is very playful in the sense that she doesn't really know what the end result will be. Her work is similar to Herrero's in that case, because there is also some risk, unexpectedness with his work as well (film in water technique).

No comments:

Post a Comment